Serving Size: 8-10 people
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 sweet onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
48 oz. vegetable broth
4 medium sweet potatoes
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 lb. celery hearts
5 full size rainbow carrots (regular orange carrots work fine)
1 can full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup “poultry blend” herbs (fresh rosemary, sage, & thyme)
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp salt (1 tsp if broth has high sodium)
Optional Toppings: Parmesan cheese
- Dice onion and add to a large cauldron sized pot. Add olive oil and garlic. Simmer onions on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- While the onions are simmering, dice sweet potatoes, carrots, and celery hearts into small 1-2 inch pieces.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, & mushrooms to the pot. Bring contents to a rolling boil, then immediately turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover with a lid and let cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, add coconut milk and freshly cut herbs into the stew.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
*Tips: If possible, let the stew sit for 12-24 hours before serving, this gives ample amount of time for the herbs and flavors to really shine! Secondly, if you have small children or picky eaters add a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top!