Serving Size: 4 people (or 8 tacos)
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
1 Tbps olive oil
1/2 red onion
2 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 can black beans
1 Tbps GF taco seasoning
8 corn tortillas
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized pan with olive oil on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into medium sized bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly with fork until mixture becomes yellow.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Scramble eggs using a spatula and cook until eggs are fluffy and not watery.
- While eggs are cooking, dice onion & tomatoes and add into a small bowl. Add chopped cilantro and squeeze one lime into the mixture.
- Drain and wash black beans and add into a separate small bowl. Add taco seasoning and a little water and mix.
- Heat tortillas according to packaging (I love using the skillet!)
- Taco Assembly: Place tortilla on plate, add black beans, eggs, pico de Gallo (tomato mixture), and top with additional lime if desired.
*If vegan you can substitute the eggs for 1 can of garbanzo beans
*If you are looking for the best eggs on the market check out Vital Farms. Their chickens are pasture raised and you can tell the difference in color & taste!
Since we moved to South Texas, this had become a staple in our household! It’s a nice weekend breakfast that we can enjoy as a family. You can also add more salsa if you want more tomato flavors!