Servings Size: 6-8
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup uncooked lentils
2 large or 3 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 sweet onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tbps olive oil
1 Tbps balsamic vinegar
1 can garbanzo beans
8 oz. feta cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa & lentils in a medium sized pot. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with lid, and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Dice cucumber, tomatoes, and onion and add into a large bowl.
- Add garlic and cilantro to vegetable mixture.
- Once the quinoa/lentil mixture is done, let cool for 5-10 minutes, then add into the vegetable mixture.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garbanzo beans (rinse & drain), feta cheese, and salt/pepper to vegetables and quinoa. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with extra cilantro & lemon is desired.
This is a great meal-prep recipe to make on Sunday, and eat for lunch all week long! I entice my toddler to eat yummy whole grains & veggies by giving him a hunk of feta cheese first, and telling him there’s more in the mixture! Works every time!